A Short Note to Mother



I have my exams going on right now and that means I have a lot of time to kill. So, I visited Youtube, i.e. my second home on the Internet, and notification section was showing a number more than one. So, I clicked to check the Terribly Tiny Talkies had uploaded a short film titled "Jai Mata Di". After finishing the 10 minutes film, I suddenly felt the urge to talk to my mother. It was a bit late and I knew I might get some scolding for calling at home this late. As the phone was ringing, I was just buzzing my head with what to talk about with her. And suddenly the phone got picked up and I could hear the pace of her breath, the first thing she asked was whether I was alright and we have answered this question more number of times than anything. The second thing she asked was, "Khana Khaya?", and this was where I was lost for words. So, she understood the situation and told me to call once I have had my dinner.
This is the Indian mothers are like. If you have even come home after dragging Hitler to the gates of hell, the first thing they'll ask is, "Khana Khaya?" No matter how much Bollywood has been screwing up with our heads by showing snakes with transformative powers or a dog avenging the death of his owner, but is has been able to capture atleast one thing a bit correctly. And that is a typical mother, she defends her son against the father's remarks and everything. Trust me people, that part where she feeds her son with her own hands is pretty real too.

 So, coming back to the short film, I copied the link and decided to share it with some of my friends on Whatsapp. As soon as I opened Whatsapp contacts, most of them had uploaded pictures with their mothers with status like I love you Maa, You are my Superhero etc. So, I took the initiative to google the date to find out what have I missed. The result showed 14th May - Mother's Day, Bold and Clear. I came back to see my Whatsapp Display Picture, it was the Bahubali poster. Now a sudden sense of guilt hit me, how could I forget such an auspicious day. How could I forget all that my mother has done for me, whether it was helping me to quit eating clay articles in childhood or shielding me from Monty's Mom when I had accidentally opened up her son's head during a cricket game. No matter how strong I might be for others, but you always knew my soft spot. You always knew how tragedy movies made me cry at the end and how it was only your shoulder I found to rest my head upon and made myself at peace. No matter how late I used to arrive home, you always made the dinner fresh and aromatic. It was my board exams but it seemed that you were also going to sit in the exams. It takes you seconds to realise what kind of a day I had. You have seen me winning prizes and also solaced me when I scored poorly in Physics. You have always chosen the best for me, whether it be Pineapple cake over the chocolate one or making Paneer Lababdar over Matar Paneer on my B'day. We boys don't need any Wonder Woman to save us till the time we have you in our corner. We might don't need any contact in our phone named Bae or Life but we surely need 'Mommy Dearest' at the top of our chats.
But here I was, 200 km away from home, failed at showing my love to you. I had only this one way to upload your picture with a catchy caption and show my friends that how special you are to me. But sorry Maa, I have failed you miserably. I guess father was always right, this lazy, careless fellow would never learn to take responsibilities. But you always know Maa, like Farida Jalal and Shah Rukh, we have our strings attached, no matter how far we are from each other. But still, for this world to know that I am not a man of stone, I found out our picture and decided to post it. Whatsapp loading round bar was still loading and came up with a message, "Sorry to upload. Check your Network Connection." I Sighed at this.

"Maa wo hai jisne hume iss laayak bana diya ki hum uske baare mein baat kar sake,
Maa wo hai jo aaj bhi hume bacha hi samajhti hai,
Maa wo hai jo khud takleef mein reh sakti hai, par hume takleef mein nhi dekh sakti,
Maa wo hai jo khud ki khushi chhodkar humari khushiyon ke liye jeeti". - RJ Naved

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Hindi is Uncool?

Few Lessons I learnt from College

A Not-So-Normal Day