A Not-So-Normal Day




This is something that happened last week during my midterm exams. I was waiting at the bus stop to get to the college. The many-fold increase in my finger tapping speed was cueing that I had already gotten late. Finally, I saw two large beams coming my way bearing the number 623. This bus was supposed to be a bit crowded but to my surprise, on that particular day, it wasn't. I hopped in and got in line to get the ticket. All of a sudden, I felt a little jerk from behind and within a blink of the moment, I was made like a football passing through a bunch of Barcelona midfielders. One of the midfielder with the tormenting breath was just up to my face and I can assure you, my nostrils have never gone through anything worst. And then the inevitable happened, a hand slipped into my front jeans pocket and my phone went phew!!

Without giving any second thought to anything, I reached out and grabbed the hand of the person standing next to me. I asked him for my phone and he did the obvious, denied simply. A sense of Sherlock struck my mind and I took out his phone from his pocket. Except for one part of my body, nothing has ever become hard. But at that hour of need, I got firm (although my legs were still trembling) and demanded my phone. I could sense that the guy was also in shock for being caught off-guard. Then like a perfect crime (Exaggeration level=Infinity), the guy standing next to my guy came out in his defence and that was where I smelt something fishy. He told me of seeing someone behind me getting down on the bus and all of a sudden, rest of the midfielders started to nod their heads in his story. I refused to believe and stood strong with my choice. I was still holding the hand of that guy tightly, asking for my phone, and I could clearly see beads of sweat running on his eyebrows in an AC bus (don't know whether it was my grip or something else that made him sweat). Finally, the good news came. One of the midfielder made me notice my phone lying at some far corner of the bus. Now, my suspicion became strong that phones can explode, blast and do damages, but they hadn't developed this much as getting out from jeans pocket by themselves and get at some random corner of the bus without human involvement. As soon as I reached out for my phone, the Barcelona team took the front gate and got off the bus. I was feeling like Hercule Poirot but to my surprise, no one in the bus noticed nothing. Conductor asked for the ticket and I checked out my other pocket for my wallet and found a slight cut on my jeans. My wallet was nowhere to be found!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. This word 😍 Btw Thank You Sir

      Delete
    2. 😁 “you are going to wrong place my child” **sign of god** btw good job keep it up πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

      Delete
    3. You should go to 221B baker street.

      Delete
    4. Dude, same thing happened with me 1 year back. But fortunately, my wallet had only 100 bucks. Thug lifeπŸ˜œπŸ˜‚
      Anyway, it was goodπŸ‘Œ

      Delete
    5. Thanks dawg, but that wallet part was fictitious. I secured both my wallet and phone. Win-Win Situation

      Delete
  2. Thank You Monica Ma'am.

    And Karan, I try, try and try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goood one......... keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This.was.amazing.period.
    And that hard thing cracked me up so bad, man! πŸ˜‚
    Way to go, Yaman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Ma'am, well now I can say that 'hard part' achieved its purpose.

      Delete
  5. Good use of language πŸ‘
    Style of writing is something to learn from.
    And as usual the humour part is something to reckon with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Told you that MI phones are INVINCIBLE πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Hindi is Uncool?

Few Lessons I learnt from College