Aren't We Racist A**holes?


Whenever we hear this word 'Racist', first thing that comes to mind is "This happens in those countries with white people, we just have to read this word in Political Science Book". But if that word has nothing to do with my day to day life, then why does it keeps coming back like Dead Undertaker Returning to WWF. Like that chapter "Rosa Parks Sat Still" in our textbook was a case of America and Gandhi facing racism was a case of South Africa, then why we Indians should give  a damn to this issue.
I am not writing this blog today just because the girl sitting next to me in the exam gave those disgusting looks to me yesterday on the basis of how I look. And trust me, I look good. Ahh!! Quite good (Well, at least not like Shawn Mendes or Charlie Puth ). After continuous taunts by my friends on this, I recalled the whole experience and came to the conclusion that this was Racism. That happened to me in India, No way. I mean what did I do wrong that I faced the same as Gandhi. But after attaining 'Shaanti' on my toilet seat, those quotes on Karma started to bubble up in my head. Like how many times I have made those expressions and tone on seeing a Black Guy in the Metro, or even showing up my disfigured teeth on Nigger jokes. How I had forget that Chinky is not the community name for someone from North East Part of our country. How many times I had tried to imitate the Bihari tone of the Rickshaw puller for the sake of my friends entertainment. All this brought me in the Convicted Box instead of the girl.
We share large movements on Facebook and discussions in canteen that how Hollywood is stereotyping us from the start, How every Indian guy in their movies speaks from Nose instead of mouth like that of Himesh Reshamiya. They show us as the Cabbies or selling groceries (Well, most of the time). But aren't we doing the same to our own countrymen, like stereotyping Biharis in the name of IAS, Rickshaw Pullers and their accent, or to every Muslim friend by asking "Aunty ko bolna Biryani banaye yar", or to every South Indian Person by asking "Dosa khaayega kya". Well, the list can go on whole day. But the thing which needs to be understood by everyone is that you can't make one laugh by insulting another. Don't worry, I am not going to start a Unity in Diversity lecture here but literally "Ye band karke dekho, acha lagta hai".

PS; That girl was not that attractive. Trust me, she was not.
 And the conclusion part was Super lame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Hindi is Uncool?

Few Lessons I learnt from College

A Not-So-Normal Day