Holi: Not just a Festival of Colours!



I was hurrying up to bus stop realizing that page of calendar had turned from February to March. Like any other month, this month too wasn't going to bring me a box of chocolates. But I paused and remembered that it was Holi and I was in Delhi meaning I was in for a show. So all of a sudden, my Roger Alpha Major Sergeant mode was on. Distance to bus stop was now only around 500 metres but these 500 metres seemed like some nautical miles. I wasn't walking, I was sneaking. At that moment, shed of the bus was the only thing that mattered to me more than Alexandra Daddario or Megan Fox or Gigi Hadid or many more. And let me tell you, the last time I was this cautious was when I used to stroll around in my crush's locality, with the fear of getting my hoarse voice getting into her father's earshot or his eyes catching a glimpse of my lean figure. But presently, the threat seemed a bit less. No matter how much you enjoyed Coldplay playing Holi in 'Hymn for the Weekend' but Delhites have some other meaning for the festival in their dictionaries. You have dressed well, wore that special shirt which you didn't know was lying in your cupboard, sprayed deodorant and went out with a big grin on your face, and then the ultimate thing happens. A water balloon hits you right at the well-ironed special shirt leaving a modern art of its own. For people who don't shower often or who dress handsomely (Like your favourite blogger), it isn't something which you are going to like.

A few days back, Gurmehar Kaur, whom I adore and admire a lot shared a story. Tolino Chishi, a student of Lady Shri Ram College in Delhi had become the target of Balloon-Flingers, but to her surprise, the content of the balloon was not something which runs from the tap of her house. It was a whitish liquid which upon drying up gave up its identity. Now, this whitish liquid is not something you go to a shop and ask for. I am making this joke in a country where even buying a sanitary pad is considered disgraceful. The only time one should be made to feel ashamed upon buying sanitary napkins is when he/she is taking Udhaar for that item. So coming back to the point, the fellow going through the trouble of locking himself up in his bathroom, ejaculating to a balloon and filling it up with the resultant liquid needs mental help of his own. Calling that fellow sick or retard would just be an understatement. But Yaman, you think of yourself as a Wise Man, you tell us then what needs to be done? Yes, at present, we can't seem to do much rather than protests. But in future, our generation as parents can do a lot. Like introducing sex education to our child's curriculum. Teaching our sons that reality is far different from Bollywood and that their female counterparts are not a commodity. But I can bet you dollars to donuts that in the future, maximum our government doing would be covering up for another Gauri Lankesh or Mohammed Ikhlaq. But You, reading this, would hold the power to wake up to a newspaper with no news of ill-treatment towards human XX chromosome species. That's a dream but I have my fingers crossed that this becomes a reality very soon!

P.S. "Write without Fear and Edit without Mercy". I find it very hard to follow this motto. So, please suggest edits.


Comments

  1. Very nice thought bro 👌

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's is fabulous!! You have a way with words dude! Amazing 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still learning a thing or two from you, Shukriya Shukriya

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Hindi is Uncool?

Few Lessons I learnt from College

A Not-So-Normal Day