Why Hindi is Uncool?



It's almost mid of April and I am still unable to find a Summer Internship. This thing is more important than spotting some white chicks with your brown friends in Goa. So, I am preparing my CV to at least be eligible to show up at employers' place. I have mentioned heavy quiver of skill sets such as Expert in Microsoft Powerpoint, considering that I only know how to apply Bubble - Circle transitions. Now, comes the part which put me in a state of dilemma. It is asking Languages you know and I just entered English as first and Hindi as second and scrolled down. But then all of a sudden, I thought of correcting myself and interchange the languages. Now was the worst part - If I put Hindi as first, wouldn't my employer already judge me and if I put English as first, then I would be lying to my conscience because I am that kind of person who loves to speak in Hindi and it is the swearing part that makes it cooler.
  
Instead of filling the remaining fields and applying to the internship, my head had become the field for typical Bollywood Wali Battle between Hindi and English. All the answers on Quora supporting Hindi with the facts that Russians, Chinese have their faith instilled in their mother tongues were hitting me continuously. Then how could have English backed off. It was giving some valid arguments, like how it made me look cool in front of my classmates. The history of dominance of English over our culture dates back to the time when Britishers mercifully kept us under control for 190 years for a return gift of Chuk Chuk Gaadi. According to TED Speaker Adhitya Iyer, Indians had two options after Independence. Either they could move to ally Russia or become a citizen of not-so-friendly America and the majority of them chose the latter. And this was all because of familiarity with English rather than Russian. Bollywood also had its fair share in this. The song 'Shake That Ass' from Shootout at Lokhandwala was a party chartbuster back in the day, even at Mundans but imagine the response its Hindi counterpart would have got.

Just when the words like Procrastinator or Millenial were not finding their share in Instagram bios and even Resumes, a new word came in the house - Grammar Nazi. My estimation tells me that this word has origin story from South Delhi. Firstly Kids, refrain yourselves from using this word. No matter how cool you look while uttering the word but get this, the word 'Nazi' itself is not a positive word to flaunt. Try googling how many casualties so called Nazis caused. With all the facts checked, I came to the conclusion and decided to keep Hindi as my first language. Solacing myself that employer would be more interested in my qualifications rather than the language I speak and fingers crossed, I hit the Sent Button.

P.S: We all know that things like climate change and clean energy are important is these times, but we must also make sure that above-mentioned issue needs to be talked about for the sake of ground reality of our society and how we are laying its foundation for the coming generations.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You, you people are the reason why I got out of my comfort zone and took the effort to write. This is for each one of you.

      Delete
  2. Ohh My fav classmate you are damn good in your writing skills 👌🏻👌🏻Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arre thank you yar monica, even I share the same feelings

      Delete
  3. Brother ur command in writing is absolutely brilliant.
    Keep writing like this
    ✌✌

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, Interesting, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one....... keep it up.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Few Lessons I learnt from College

A Not-So-Normal Day